WordPress Development Services
WordPress is the most popular content management system (CMS) on the planet, and for good reason. Websites powered by WordPress have a fierce advantage over other sites in terms of power, support, SEO, functionality, and customization through plugins and themes.
At Dev.co, we build beautiful custom WordPress themes utilizing both stock and custom integrations. There are hundreds – even thousands – of plugins to choose from and we know exactly how to find the right ones for our clients. If there isn’t an existing plugin that covers your needs, we’ll build it.
Dev.co specializes in WordPress development
We create WordPress websites for small, medium, and large businesses in addition to enterprise and individuals. Our experienced developers can work with businesses and individuals in virtually any industry to create any type of website required.
Our expert WordPress developers are highly skilled in PHP development and UX/UI design, making Dev.co the best choice for your custom project.
Don’t want your site to look like a blog? We’ve got you covered
Although WordPress is known for its powerful blogging capabilities, it can power standard websites without looking like a blog.
When you work with Dev.co, our team of WordPress developers will create a custom theme for your site that matches your vision. We can build a custom theme that looks similar to another site you like, or we can create something completely custom – it’s up to you.
Responsive, professional themes for any industry
At Dev.co, we have a strong track record of creating professional, responsive themes that are easy for visitors to navigate and easy for clients to update.
Our WordPress developers can create themes for any industry including eCommerce, educational institutions, businesses, and individuals who are their own brand. If you can describe it, we can build it.
We take WordPress security seriously
The Dev.co WordPress development team takes cybersecurity seriously. We build all WordPress sites using the latest secure release of both core files and plugins and keep all software updated throughout the development process..
We’ll also secure your WordPress site through the back-end using the latest security protocols and methods.
Already have a WordPress website and need customizations? We can help
If you already have a WordPress website, we can help with custom plugin development and theme customization. We’re ready to tackle anything from creating a custom color scheme to reorganizing the position and size of your page elements.
If you’re using existing plugins that don’t quite meet your needs, let us know what you need and we’ll design a plugin.
Partner with Dev.co for your WordPress development project
If you’re ready to have a custom website designed specifically for your business, we want to partner with you. Contact us today to connect with one of our WordPress development specialists and tell us what you’re working on. We’d love to be your WordPress development partner.
Our Development Process
Vision & values
2016Research & DiscoveryCustomer research
Expert audits & insights
Current market positioning
2017StrategyStory & personality
Positioning & messaging
Creative brief development
2019Deliver & integrateBrand book & styleguide
Online & mobile
Further brand extension
- “WordPress” is trademarked, but it’s owned by a non-profit company called the WordPress Foundation. This foundation was created by the WP co-founder Matt Mullenweg.
- The WordPress Foundation generated $11,178 in donations in 2018.
- Each WordPress version is named after a Jazz artist. For instance, the first version was named after Miles Davis.
- WordPress is available in 200+ languages.
- Number of downloads: 77 million.
- Estimated number of users: 76.5 million.
- Why WordPress is the top blogging platform: It’s easy to use, free, and open source.
- Downside to using WordPress: Custom themes can be difficult to use without initial support.
- New daily installs: 500+.
- Lines of code written for the WP core: 346,000.
- Number of WordPress versions: 419.
- Number of major releases: 37.
- Number of free WordPress plugins: 54,000+.
- Number of plugin downloads: 859 million.
- Most popular WordPress host: HostGator and DreamHost.
- Date WordPress was launched: May 27, 2003.
- A blogger named Christine Tremoulet coined the name “WordPress”.
- WordPress powers 27% of all websites online.
- WordPress has official events called WordCamps. These events are held in 41 countries and more than 36,000 WordPress users attend. More than 140 WordCamps were held in 2018 alone.
- There are 1,660 WordPress meetup groups with 782,141 active members in 58 countries.
- WordPress provides free community support on the official WordPress forum.
- WordPress is designed to automatically update to new versions, however, plugins must be manually updated.
- You can get a free, hosted version of WordPress on wordpress.com
- WordPress makes it easy to build and manage multiple WP sites from one dashboard.
- Top websites powered by WordPress: BBC America, Vogue, Rolling Stone, the White House, Walt Disney.
- WordPress.com and WordPress.org offer different services. WordPress.com offers users a hosted WordPress website while WordPress.org offers a free download of the core files for self-installation.