WordPress Development Company
We design & develop beautiful custom WordPress websites for clients worldwide. Our WordPress development services include custom integrations, plugin updates, custom feature development and on-going website maintenance for reasonable flat fees. Your site should not only be beautiful, it should also be fast. We design and develop with speed in mind.
Our WordPress developer team has been building websites for nearly two decades, assisting some of the most recognized brands on the Fortune 1000 with their custom WordPress developer needs.
WordPress Development Services
At Dev.co, we build beautiful custom WordPress themes utilizing both stock and custom integrations. There are hundreds – even thousands – of plugins to choose from and we know exactly how to find the right ones for our clients. If there isn’t an existing plugin that covers your needs, we’ll build it.
Experts in Custom WordPress Development
Our expert WordPress developers are highly skilled in PHP development and UX/UI design, making DEV.co the best choice for your custom project.
We create websites for small, medium, and large businesses in addition to enterprise and individuals. Our experienced developers can work with businesses and individuals in virtually any industry to create any type of website required.
We offer each client a dedicated web developer with the knowledge, technical skills and earned expertise as a project manager to build websites for your business. Our web developers have gained experience from building thousands of custom sites for clients worldwide. Let us do the same for you!
Don’t want your site to look like a basic WordPress blog? Your dedicated WordPress developer has you covered
Although WordPress is known for its powerful blogging capabilities, it can power standard and custom websites without looking like a boring blog.
When you work with Dev.co, our team of WordPress developers will create a custom theme for your site that matches your vision. We can build a custom theme that looks similar to another site you like, or we can create something completely custom – it’s up to you.
Responsive, professional WordPress theme design for any industry
At Dev.co, we have a strong track record of creating professional, responsive themes that are easy for visitors to navigate and easy for clients to update. Our WordPress developers can create themes for any industry including eCommerce, educational institutions, businesses, and individuals who are their own brand. If you can describe it, we can build it.
We take WordPress security seriously
The Dev.co WordPress development team takes cybersecurity seriously. We build all WordPress sites using the latest secure release of both core files and plugins and keep all software updated throughout the process.. We’ll also secure your site through the back-end using the latest security protocols and methods.
Already have a WordPress website and need customizations? Let our WordPress developer team help.
If you already have a website, we can help with custom plugin development and theme customization. We’re ready to tackle anything from creating a custom color scheme to reorganizing the position and size of your page elements. If you’re using existing plugins that don’t quite meet your needs, let us know what you need and we’ll design a plugin.
Partner with a WordPress developer from DEV.co for your WordPress development project
If you’re ready to have a custom website designed specifically for your business, we want to partner with you.
Contact us today to connect with one of our WordPress development specialists and tell us what you’re working on. We’d love to be your WordPress development partner.
Our WordPress Developer Process
Vision & values
Expert audits & insights
Current market positioning
Story & personality
Positioning & messaging
Creative brief development
Brand book & styleguide
Online & mobile
Further brand extension
WordPress Maintenance Plans
Best WordPress Plans For Complete WordPress Maintenance And Ultimate Support
Best WordPress Developer Plans For Complete Maintenance And Ultimate Support
Are you looking for an enterprise solution to keep up with the technical maintenance of your site? We offer comprehensive WordPress support services to fix downtime and optimize your experience with WordPress.
Whether you want to set up a business website, run an ecommerce store, or a blog, you can do it all with WordPress. We assist you in choosing the right maintenance and support plan to help you ensure a smooth website performance.
Do You Need Help To Boost Your WordPress Site’s Speed & Performance?
WordPress sites have vigorous performance in terms of power, SEO, support, functionality, and customization. However, regular upkeep, themes, and additional plugins might affect its performance.
Whether you are facing technical glitches or have an unestablished site, we can help you vamp it up with the best solutions. We offer exclusive packages according to the varying needs of our clientele, ensuring day-to-day maintenance, expert help, and instant support whenever needed.
Our services are ideal for customers who need a website but can’t, or don’t want to deal with the technicalities or security concerns that come with it. We offer the best plans for WordPress support and maintenance – offering our supreme services to deploy experiences that last forever.
Our bundles for WordPress maintenance and support offer:
Our Essential Services Included In Every Plan
Our WordPress Maintenance Plans
With expert support and supervision, we let you focus on your business while we take care of your website. Our WordPress maintenance plans are designed to suit the needs of all sizes of companies. However, we offer three different tiers with different pricing and services.
Includes All Essential Services
- Security & Malware Scans
- Weekly Backups
- Malware Cleanups
- 24/7 Uptime Monitoring
- WordPress Updates
- Maintenance & Bug Fixes
- Support via Email
Includes Premium Plan Plus
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Staging/Development Site *
- Google Analytics
- Free CDN (Content Delivery Network) *
- Free SSL Certificate *
- No Charge Hosting
- Near Real-Time Back Ups (Hourly)
- Unlimited Small Jobs (3 Jobs At A Time)
- VIP Support via Email, Chat, Or Phone By Appt.
Includes Essential Plan Plus
- Monitor & Fix Broken Links
- Day-to-day Back Ups
- Google Analytics
- 1 Small Job every Month
- Performance Monitoring
- 1 Publishing Job every Month
- Priority Support via Email / Chat
Do you want comprehensive maintenance for your WordPress site, or are you searching for professional support on any issues you face with your WordPress site?
Get in touch with us now.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is WordPress and how does it work?
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that enables you to create a website or blog from scratch, or to update an existing website. It is free and open source software released under the GPL, and it is used by millions of people around the world.
WordPress is based on PHP and MySQL, and it enables you to create pages and posts, add images and videos, and customize your website design. You can also use plugins to add features and functionality to your website, or to improve your website’s security.
While WordPress is an established player in the world of content management, it is not without its flaws. As the CMS that powers nearly 20% of the web (an estimated 455 million sites on the internet use WordPress), it is more prone to attacks and vulnerabilities. WordPress developers are regularly required to provide updates for PHP, WordPress plugins, website templates, WordPress software or the WordPress core. And, if not performed properly, these updates can cause website designs to break and functionality to stop working as advertised.
A web development team with a custom WordPress developer dedicated to your site and project will help to alleviate any on-going update and management issues you may encounter.
What are the basics of creating a WordPress website?
When creating a website with WordPress, there are three basic steps you need to take:
1. Choosing a domain name is the first step in setting up your website. This is the address of your website (e.g., www.example.com) and should be something that represents your business or brand. You can purchase a domain name from a number of different providers, such as GoDaddy, Namecheap, or Google Domains.
2. Once you’ve chosen a domain name, you’ll need to set up hosting for your website. This is where your website’s files will be stored and made available to visitors online. There are many different hosting providers to choose from, such as Bluehost, HostGator, and WP Engine.
3. The last step in setting up your website is installing WordPress. This can be done by downloading the WordPress files from WordPress.org and uploading them to your hosting account, or by using a provider’s one-click installation process.
Once you have installed WordPress, you’ll need to choose a theme for your website and start adding content. There are thousands of free and premium themes available on the internet, and you can install them by simply downloading them and uploading them to your site. You can also use plugins to add more features and functionality to your site.
To add content to your website, you can use the built-in editor or write posts in a software like Microsoft Word and then copy and paste them into your WordPress director or WordPress repository. You can also add images, videos, and other multimedia content to your posts and pages via the block editor (after first creating blocks) or by the classic WSYWIG editor.
To promote your website, you can submit it to directories like DMOZ and Google Maps, create social media profiles for your business, and write guest posts for other websites. You can also use advertising or search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to drive traffic to your site.
How do you add content to your WordPress website?
Adding content to your website is easy with WordPress. You can add text, images, and videos to your pages, and you can also create blog posts. Here are some tips for adding content to your website:
- When creating a page or post, be sure to include a title and a description.
- Add images and videos to your pages and posts to help illustrate your content.
- Use headings and subheadings to organize your content.
- Format your text using HTML tags.
- Add links to other websites and articles.
- Use the editor’s toolbar to add formatting to your text.
- Preview your page or post before publishing.
If you don’t have your own content, our writer team can work with you to create custom, quality written content at a fraction of the cost, ensuring your pages are not only beautiful, but are also optimized from a digital marketing perspective.
How to find the best WordPress developers?
When looking hire WordPress developers, it’s important to find someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in the platform. Here are some tips for finding the best developer for your project:
- Ask around for recommendations. Chances are, you know someone who has used a WordPress developer in the past. Ask them for recommendations and advice.
- Do your research. There are many developers out there, so take the time to do some research and find the best one for your project.
- Interview potential developers. Talk to them about their experience with WordPress, their development process, and what they can do to help you achieve your goals.
- Make sure the developer is familiar with the latest version of WordPress. The platform is constantly evolving, so it’s important to work with a developer who is up to date on the latest changes and updates.
- Finding the right WordPress developer can be a daunting task, but if you follow these tips, you’re sure to find someone who can help you achieve your website goals.
Huge discrepancies in quality abound when it comes to hiring WordPress developers. With DEV.co you will hire WordPress developers that have been fully vetted for their quality, including senior developer and database management skills.
What are some tips for developing and designing a WordPress website?
When designing your website, be sure to consider the following tips:
- Use a consistent layout throughout your website.
- Choose a color scheme and stick to it.
- Use fonts that are easy to read.
- Keep your website’s design simple and uncluttered.
- Make sure all of your pages load quickly.
- Test your website on different browsers and devices.
Interesting Facts About WordPress
- “WordPress” is trademarked, but it’s owned by a non-profit company called the WordPress Foundation. This foundation was created by the WP co-founder Matt Mullenweg.
- The WordPress Foundation generated $11,178 in donations in 2018.
- Each WordPress version is named after a Jazz artist. For instance, the first version was named after Miles Davis.
- WordPress is available in 200+ languages.
- Number of downloads: 77 million.
- Estimated number of users: 76.5 million.
- Why WordPress is the top blogging platform: It’s easy to use, free, and open source.
- Downside to using WordPress: Custom themes can be difficult to use without initial support.
- New daily installs: 500+.
- Lines of code written for the WP core: 346,000.
- Number of WordPress versions: 419.
- Number of major releases: 37.
- Number of free WordPress plugins: 54,000+.
- Number of plugin downloads: 859 million.
- Most popular WordPress host: HostGator and DreamHost.
- Date WordPress was launched: May 27, 2003.
- A blogger named Christine Tremoulet coined the name “WordPress”.
- WordPress powers 27% of all websites online.
- WordPress has official events called WordCamps. These events are held in 41 countries and more than 36,000 WordPress users attend. More than 140 WordCamps were held in 2018 alone.
- There are 1,660 WordPress meetup groups with 782,141 active members in 58 countries.
- WordPress provides free community support on the official WordPress forum.
- WordPress is designed to automatically update to new versions, however, plugins must be manually updated.
- You can get a free, hosted version of WordPress on wordpress.com
- WordPress makes it easy to build and manage multiple WP sites from one dashboard.
- Top websites powered by WordPress: BBC America, Vogue, Rolling Stone, the White House, Walt Disney.
- WordPress.com and WordPress.org offer different services. WordPress.com offers users a hosted WordPress website while WordPress.org offers a free download of the core files for self-installation.