Java Development Services
Even after 25 years of advancement, Java remains one of the most popular programming languages in the world. Currently, there are billions of applications relying on Java to operate. Over the years, it has seen the introduction of new frameworks and wider third-party support, but its core infrastructure and principles remain intact.
If you’re planning a development project that relies on Java, you’ll need the help of a professional Java developer to get the job done.
What Makes Java Development So Popular?
Java has a handful of advantages that make it a continued top choice for developers, including:
First, Java is a completely independent platform, meaning Java isn’t required to be run on a specific operating system or processor. Instead, it relies on Java Virtual Machine (JVM). This allows Java applications to be completely cross-platform, without any adjustments required by developers.
Java was conceived with security in mind; it brings its own set of authorization rules and security policies, which prevent the app from being misused. Obviously, you’ll still need to keep security in mind when developing your applications.
This language is also favored for its multi-threaded potential; in other words, it can handle concurrent processing. Certain applications, especially those that handle many simultaneous user requests, make this a practical necessity.
Full error handling
Runtime errors are always a problem, but in Java, applications can seamlessly switch to an alternative set of instructions—allowing execution to continue, uninterrupted.
Frameworks and libraries
You can choose from any number of frameworks for your next development project, but Laravel is popular for a reason. And if you’re looking for high-level functionality without long delays, it’s an option worth considering.
Which Projects Use Java Development?
Java can be used for almost any development project, due to its impressive versatility. For example, it’s commonly used in web application development, mobile app development, and enterprise app development. However, it’s also featured prominently in IoT development, and even in blockchain development. Java has also been used for machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) applications.
Our Java Development Process
When we develop Java applications for our clients, we follow a straightforward process to make sure we create the perfect app for your needs:
01. Discovery and onboarding
First, we meet with you to learn more about your business and your goals with this project. What are you hoping to achieve? What are your business goals and values?
02.Brainstorming and collaboration.
Together, we’ll work up a plan for your application and submit design possibilities for your approval.
Using agile development methodologies, we’ll create a minimum viable product in iterative stages, and gradually flesh out new features and components as necessary.
04. Testing and launch.
Once we have a functional version of your app in place, we’ll be ready to launch—but not before a thorough round of QA testing to squash any bugs
05.Ongoing testing, maintenance, and support
Our support doesn’t stop there. We continue to support all our Java development projects even after launch; we’ll test the app to make sure it’s running properly, commit maintenance, add features, and provide assistance as needed.
Are you ready to learn more about Java development? Or are you interested in a free quote? Contact DEV.co for more information or a free consultation today!
Our Development Process
Vision & values
2016Research & DiscoveryCustomer research
Expert audits & insights
Current market positioning
2017StrategyStory & personality
Positioning & messaging
Creative brief development
2019Deliver & integrateBrand book & styleguide
Online & mobile
Further brand extension
- Java is one of the most popular programming languages on the planet, second only to C.
- There are currently more than 9 million Java developers in the world.
- Despite a large number of Java programmers, there’s still high demand for professionals here. It’s one of the top languages in terms of job postings, with more than 60,000 new Java job postings each year.
- More than 3 billion mobile phones operate in Java.
- More than 125 million TV sets and Blu-ray players operate in Java.
- The median salary of a Java developer is $83,975 USD.
- Many developers start out learning Java because it’s great for learning the basics of programming. It’s one of the most fundamental programming languages, and forces you to think through problems like a developer.
- Java is highly dynamic, giving you flexibility for modifying compiled classes and working well with open source libraries.
- Java has been around since 1992, when it was originally called Oak.
- Java originated when developer James Gosling attempted to “clean up” C++, ultimately resulting in a new language with a new runtime.
- The mascot of Java is known as “The Duke,” and you can find a life-sized representation of Duke at each JavaOne developer conference.
- There are many Java platforms to consider, including Java Standard Edition, Java Enterprise Edition, Java Micro Edition, and Java FX. Each has different strengths and weaknesses.