SQL Development Services
SQL - Structured Query Language - is one of the most fundamental programming languages in use today, with roots stretching back to the 1970s, but as we all know, nothing in technology stays the same for that long. Rather, today’s version of SQL has come a long way, and it offers powerful options for database manipulation and management.
What Is SQL Development?
If SQL is used for database management, what is its role in programming and development? For businesses using Oracle Databases, the SQL developer acts as an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) supporting Oracle application development. The SQL developer also simplifies cloud deployment of PL/SQL applications, offers valuable reporting support, and generally provides an end-to-end development solution compatible with a variety of third-party plug-ins.
What Is SQL Development?A Note On PL/SQL
PL/SQL is the shorthand for Oracle’s procedural extension of SQL. While not all organizations use PL/SQL applications, this extension is increasingly important as more content transitions to Oracle. Using a PL/SQL developer, then, rather than just an SQL developer, helps ensure high quality code and optimal productivity throughout.
SQL Development Services
At Dev.co, we offer a range of SQL development services, including
Designing SQL databases is at the heart of what we do. Need a powerful database to ensure data portability and smooth manipulation? We create function-driven environments that support a range of data types, easily manage variables, so you can focus on what really matters.
02.SQL Server Integration:
Were you using a different data management environment before? Our SQL server integration services extract and transport data from other sources and restructure them for SQL. Subsequent server integration testing ensures code runs smoothly in its new environment, manipulating data as intended.
03.DevelopSQL Database Testing:
SQL databases are powerful tools, but they won’t help much if they contain errors. That’s why we carefully test and debug all SQL databases, ensuring that they’re ready for an error free launch.
04.Cloud Application Development:
Historically, SQL databases have been stored on conventional servers like other databases, but as we move towards a nearly universal SaaS model, SQL databases are also migrating to the cloud. Cloud-based SQL applications share many of the same advantages of other cloud-based tools, specifically that they’re more easily scaled. Cloud-based SQL databases are also kept consistently up to date with the latest SQL updates, reducing maintenance demands.
Do More With SQL Development Services From Dev.co
Databases are old news, so how can your business benefit from SQL development services? When it comes to complex data, SQL offers the best, most robust data management platform, whether you’re performing simple extractions or complex manipulations. SQL platforms have also been expanding support for BI-specific applications like logistics, and other critical services.
Stop struggling with your data and streamline your administration processes with SQL development services from Dev.co. Whether you’re building a database from scratch or performing large scale migrations from a third party database, we can help you get more from your data without compromising speed, security, or simplicity. Though it’s come a long way from its origins, SQL has withstood the test of time because it works.
Our Development Process
Vision & values
2016Research & DiscoveryCustomer research
Expert audits & insights
Current market positioning
2017StrategyStory & personality
Positioning & messaging
Creative brief development
2019Deliver & integrateBrand book & styleguide
Online & mobile
Further brand extension
- SQL stands for Structured Query Language. It is a programming language used for managing data stored in a relational database management system (RDMS).
- SQL is an old language. It was originally developed at IBM 1974 by Raymond Boyce and Donald Chamberlin. It has undergone several major revisions to add new features. Its most recent iteration is SQL:2019, which introduced multidimensional arrays.
- SQL was originally called Structured English Query Language (SEQUEL), but the company changes its name because of a trademark conflict.
- SQL is a standard of the American National Standards Institute and the International Organization for Standardization. These groups provide critical governance to safeguard system integrity at the national and international levels.
- As a programming language, SQL is used by many different developers, including Microsoft, Oracle, and Sybase.
- MySQL is the open source version of SQL and has been downloaded over 100 million times. It’s the underlying system for popular sites like Facebook, Wikipedia, and YouTube.
- SQL is highly specific. That means databases are generally incompatible across different vendors. This is unusual at a time that prioritizes integration.
- SQL is used to make enormous amounts of data easy to manage. Instead of struggling with traditional spreadsheets, using an SQL database allows businesses to manage and manipulate millions of rows of data.