PHP Development Services
Thanks to powerful server-side scripting capabilities, PHP has officially become the world’s most popular programming language. Thousands of highly successful websites are built with PHP, including Facebook, Yahoo!, Wikipedia, and MailChimp. PHP also runs the top content management systems like Joomla, WordPress, and Drupal and the top two eCommerce platforms Magento and WooCommerce.
Clients love PHP because applications are easy to use and update. Developers love PHP because it’s easy to learn, is well-supported, and can be used to create complex features quickly for clients.
Custom PHP software development
The Dev.co PHP development team has a proven track record of building secure eCommerce websites, API servers, content management systems, and SaaS applications.
World-class client communications
We communicate with our clients throughout the entire development process and implement feedback as quickly as possible.
Why use PHP over languages like Python or Ruby?
While every programming language has its strengths, there are countless reasons to use PHP. Here are just some ways you’ll benefit from custom PHP development with Dev.co:
Our professional PHP developers can do just about anything with PHP, including customizing an existing PHP application. For instance, if your website runs on WordPress, our team can customize your existing installation to add or remove features as you wish.
We’ll make sure your site has a user-friendly back-end administration area where you can edit your content with ease. If your site utilizes a CMS platform like WordPress and Joomla, we can customize the existing back-end as required.
Custom WordPress themes.
Our PHP programmers can create custom WordPress themes from scratch that function as more than simple websites or blogs. For example, several popular internet marketing tools have been created as WordPress themes to deliver high-level marketing strategies impossible to achieve with standard themes.
Fast delivery time
If you’re in a rush to get your application to market, our developers can use existing PHP frameworks to get a head start on your project. We’ll still need adequate time to build your project, but building in PHP will be faster than other languages.
With PHP, you don’t have to build additional applications in different languages to satisfy all possible users. PHP is supported by every major operating system including iOS, Windows, Linux, and Unix.
Need a custom content management system? We can build it!
PHP is the foundation for the top content management systems like WordPress and Joomla. If you need a custom CMS with similar functions, we can build it for you
Need a custom eCommerce website? We can build that, too
At Dev.co, our PHP developers can build you a custom eCommerce website on any existing PHP platform like Magento or WooCommerce. We can create custom themes or edit your existing theme. Or, we can build you a custom eCommerce site from scratch.
What custom software application can we help you build?
If you’re looking for a trusted software development partner, look no further. We build custom PHP applications for businesses of all sizes including startups and enterprise. Contact us today and tell us what you’re looking to build. We’d love to work with you.
Our Development Process
Vision & values
2016Research & DiscoveryCustomer research
Expert audits & insights
Current market positioning
2017StrategyStory & personality
Positioning & messaging
Creative brief development
2019Deliver & integrateBrand book & styleguide
Online & mobile
Further brand extension
- PHP is an open source programming language used for website development, but it wasn’t created for the world. The creator, Rasmus Lerdorf, created PHP in 1994 to manage his personal website. PHP wasn’t released to the public until 1997.
- PHP can be used within HTML, but the document must be named with the .php extension.
- PHP has a blue elephant for its official mascot.
- PHP stands for “Hypertext Preprocessor”.
- PHP has no written standards, but developers have created generally accepted best practices.
- More than 200 million websites are powered by PHP.
- You can use PHP to power a login form.
- The most popular PHP frameworks are Laravel, CodeIgniter, and Symfony.
- If your hosting account uses cPanel, you can choose which version of PHP to use on your website.
- If you don’t set the right version of PHP in your web hosting account, your PHP web scripts may not work.
- Most PHP vulnerabilities are caused by poorly written code. Vulnerabilities can be prevented with cyber security best practices.
- Securing a PHP website or application is just as important as launching your application.
- Popular websites powered by PHP: Tumblr, Tesla, Cloudflare, WIkipedia, Yahoo, Facebook, Slack, Flickr, and Etsy.
- More than 80% of all websites use some form of PHP.
- PHP is easy to learn.
- You can install PHP on your computer to program in a local environment.