Nextcloud Development Services
Are you looking for custom development or consultative services related to Nextcloud? You’ve come to the right place. At DEV.co, our team of Nextcloud professionals can help you design, develop, and deploy the Nextcloud solutions you need.
What Is Nextcloud?
Nextcloud is an open source file hosting service, designed to help you store and access the files your company needs to remain productive. With Nextcloud, you’ll have access to dozens of built-in features to help you keep your files secure and improve your team’s productivity.
For example, you’ll be able to tag files with custom tags, search for files, and even name favorites so you can find them easily. You can also share files between team members and with people from other organizations. Default security features also give you administrative control over your users—all while your data is protected with antivirus scanning and encryption.
However, for some businesses, Nextcloud simply isn’t enough. It doesn’t offer all the features you need, doesn’t have the interface you want, and/or doesn’t have the level of security you need in your organization. That’s where custom Nextcloud developers come into play.
Nextcloud Development Services
With Nextcloud development services, you’ll have the ability to custom design and develop your own Nextcloud features. These could be replacement features, overwriting what Nextcloud already offers, supplementary features to enhance Nextcloud’s core product, or ways to integrate with other products.
For example, Nextcloud development can help you get access to:
More robust search features
so you can find what you’re looking for faster
which allow you to link different documents together, and manage different versions conveniently.
Better mobile access
so your team can access files on the go
so you can establish better security and access protocols within your organization.
streamlining your team’s productivity and allowing you to create custom forms.
enabling you to create and manage new types of tags and descriptions.
Tighter version control,
so it’s clearer who’s edited which files and when.
Specific folder rules,
so you can create how the content of each individual folder is managed.
including transparent records management.
How We Develop for Nextcloud
When we start a new Nextcloud development project, we follow these phases:
First, we’ll get to know more about your business, including how you plan to use Nextcloud and which features you need most.
02.Brainstorming and prototyping.
Together, we’ll brainstorm the possible solutions and begin designing functional prototypes to test our ideas.
Through agile development methodologies, we’ll iteratively bring your features to life.
04.Testing and deployment.
After a few thorough rounds of testing, we’ll be ready to deploy your products to a live environment.
From there, we’ll make sure your custom Nextcloud project continues to work as intended.
With the right Nextcloud development partner, you can improve productivity, assure compliance, and get access to all the features you need to succeed. If you’re ready for a free quote or consultation, contact DEV.co today!
Our Development Process
Vision & values
2016Research & DiscoveryCustomer research
Expert audits & insights
Current market positioning
2017StrategyStory & personality
Positioning & messaging
Creative brief development
2019Deliver & integrateBrand book & styleguide
Online & mobile
Further brand extension
- Nextcloud is entirely open source as a hosting service, designed to help you remain efficient and productive.
- Nextcloud started with employee funding only.
- Today, Nextcloud has more than 250,000 servers online.
- Nextcloud is modular, granting users the ability to add new and augmented functions. The app store currently has more than 200 extensions.
- Some of the most popular add-ons include:
- contacts (CardDAV)
- RSS feed readers
- streaming media apps (Ampache)
- browser-based text editors
- a URL shortening suite
- calendars (CalDAV)
- integration of content management systems (like Pico)
- document viewer tools from within Nextcloud
- connection to Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, and other services
- bookmarking services
- web analytics (Matomo)
- weather forecasting
- viewer for DICOM
- map viewers
- Nextcloud is compatible with SQLite, MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle Database, and PostgreSQL, as well as several other database management systems.
- Nextcloud’s goal is to scale to reach hundreds of millions of users in the next several years.
- Recently, Nextcloud announced the deployment of version 18, known as Nextcloud Hub. This version offers an office package (OnlyOffice), and is designed to compete with products like Microsoft Office and Google Docs.