Mobile Development Company
Today’s consumers are relying on mobile apps for nearly all their personal and professional needs. If your business doesn’t yet have a mobile app, or if you’re considering developing a mobile app as part of a new business venture, you’ll need an experienced mobile development company to help you construct the app you need.
Mobile Development: From Idea to Reality
Mobile apps come in a variety of forms, and serve a wide range of potential purposes. But successful mobile apps—which have yield a positive return on investment (ROI) or greatly improve your customers’ experience—have a few important qualities in common:
- Creativity. Good mobile apps follow standard best practices, but also incorporate creative new elements. Creativity is present in both the aesthetics and the functionality of the app.
- Intuitiveness. Successful mobile apps are also easy to learn and use. Users should be able to understand how your app works almost immediately, with minimal instruction.
- Complete functionality. Obviously, your app should work as intended. It should be consistently functional across all supported platforms, with minimal bugs, glitches, or interruptions in use.
A mobile development company can help you take an initial idea, and turn it into a fully functioning mobile app.
- Security. Even if you’re not actively gathering data from your users, your app could serve as a potential attack vector. It’s important to design and develop your app with security best practices in mind.
- Ongoing support. The best mobile apps enjoy the ongoing support of their developers, with new features, quality of life improvements, and security updates regularly deployed.
Mobile Development Services
Whatever your mobile app development needs are, we have services that can help you.
- Mobile strategy and consulting.
- Existing mobile app redesign.
- Cross-platform development.
- Cloud application support.
- iOS and Android development support.
Mobile Development Company Capabilities
Mobile Development Company Capabilities
- iOS app development.
- Android app development.
- Windows app development.
- Xamarin app development.
- PhoneGap app development.
- Mobile web app development.
- Progressive web app (PWA) development.
- Native and cross-platform app testing, maintenance, and support.
- Native and cross-platform app improvement.
- Data migration.
- Mobile platform migration.
- App reengineering.
- Custom reporting and integrated dashboards
The Agile Mobile Development Process
At DEV.co, we follow agile software development methodologies for our mobile app development. That means our mobile apps evolve as a collaborative effort between developers and clients, and utilize adaptive planning—rather than working from a single, immutable outlined framework.
We feel agile development lends itself to more innovative mobile apps, while also hastening the development process. Accordingly, we split our mobile app development into a handful of important phases:
01.Discovery and brainstorming
First, we need to gather scope. We want to get to know you and your project, so we can create the best possible product for your needs.
02.Design and development
Next, we begin to design a vision for your mobile app; if approved, we can begin development.
03.Feedback and improvement
Throughout design and development, we take the time to reassess our efforts, add new features, tweak things, and generally improve the app. This is where agile methodologies truly shine.
When we have a functional version of the mobile app in place, we can proceed with various rounds of testing. This is where we iron out bugs and ensure the app is ready for deployment.
After sufficient testing, it’s time to deploy the app on your chosen platforms. After launch, we’ll continue to support you with maintenance, updates, and new versions.
Are you interested in developing a mobile app for your business? Or do you need advice on your current mobile technology? Contact DEV.co today for a free quote, or a free consultation!
Our Development Process
Vision & values
2016Research & DiscoveryCustomer research
Expert audits & insights
Current market positioning
2017StrategyStory & personality
Positioning & messaging
Creative brief development
2019Deliver & integrateBrand book & styleguide
Online & mobile
Further brand extension