Application Development Company
Anyone can create a website these days, but most websites simply provide information. A successful web application, on the other hand, helps a visitor solve a problem.
Web apps can be used to address almost any need. You can build web apps for your business, to be used internally, or you can create a web app to help consumers solve problems. They can be simple or expansive—as long as they solve the problem.
A web application development company can help you build the web app you want—and make sure it achieves your goals.
Web Application Development: The Basics
Web applications come in all shapes and sizes, but tend to be developed using the same general process. Successful web apps have a few important qualities in common:
- A vision. No web application is guaranteed to be successful. If you want to attract a sizable user base, or improve the efficiency of your organization, you need a thorough understanding of the problem you’re trying to solve—and a clear path to solve it.
- Accessibility. Your web app should also be easily accessible. It should be easy for people to find, and usable in a variety of environments (including different devices and browsers).
- Usability. Your app should be easy to use; it should be so intuitive that users can figure out how it works on their own, without a walkthrough.
Your web application development company will help you achieve these goals.
- Consistent functionality. Your web application should always work, with no glitches, bugs, or inconsistencies to hold users back.
- Security. You’ll also need to be mindful of security, ensuring your users and the data you store on this application are protected.
- Regular updates. Web applications perform better with regular updates, meant to improve security, add new features, and improve performance overall.
Application Development Services
Our web application development services include:
- Web application strategy and consulting.
- Web application reengineering.
- Cross-browser development.
- Cloud application support.
- Single-page web applications.
- Progressive web applications.
- Enterprise systems.
- Web portals.
- Ecommerce platforms.
The Advantages of Agile Application Development
At DEV.co, we develop web applications using agile software development methodologies. Agile philosophies allow us to develop web applications as a collaborative effort, relying on client feedback and direction throughout the process. This process is also iterative; web applications evolve gradually, and we incorporate new ideas as we discover them during the process.
Our Agile Application Development Process
Agile development allows us to remain flexible throughout our development process, which typically includes these phases:
01.Discovery and research
Our developers and team leaders work with you directly to learn more about your web application goals, your current assets, and which problems you’re trying to solve.
02.Planning and workshopping
Together, we’ll begin to plan and workshop various ideas.
With the help of wireframing, we’ll put together an introductory design for your web app.
From there, we can begin coding and development.
After the web application is completed, we’ll thoroughly test the app to make sure it works as intended.
With testing complete, we can go live.
07. Maintenance and support
After launch, we continue to provide you with ongoing support, including regular maintenance and updates.
Is your business ready for its next web application? DEV.co can help. Contact us today for a free quote, or a free consultation!
Our Development Process
Vision & values
2016Research & DiscoveryCustomer research
Expert audits & insights
Current market positioning
2017StrategyStory & personality
Positioning & messaging
Creative brief development
2019Deliver & integrateBrand book & styleguide
Online & mobile
Further brand extension